Polaris Unveils 2022 RANGER Big Game and Waterfowl Hunt Editions
MINNEAPOLIS, MN (January 18, 2022) – Polaris Off Road, the world leader in powersports and off-road innovation, demonstrates its dedication to elevating the hunt experience by bringing back the RANGER XP 1000 Big Game and Waterfowl Editions and expanding the lineup by introducing a new RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Big Game Edition. These purpose-built hunt editions are loaded with upgraded capability, designed to meet the specific needs of big game and waterfowl hunters so they can access the most hard-to-reach locations and carry more gear to maximize their chance of a successful hunt.
“We know many of our customers are avid big game and waterfowl hunters operating in highly-demanding environments, so we built the Big Game and Waterfowl Editions with added strength, comfort and capability to provide the ultimate advantage when hunting,” said Chris Judson, Vice President and GM of Off-Road Utility. “Based on the positive response to these vehicles in 2021, we expanded the lineup to include a NorthStar edition for comfort in extreme weather conditions. These hunt edition RANGERs are yet another example of our dedication to hunters and the extreme conditions they encounter throughout the year.”
First introduced in 2021, the RANGER XP 1000 Big Game and Waterfowl Editions are designed for the unforgiving terrain and extreme weather conditions that big game and waterfowl hunters face. New for 2022, the RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Big Game Edition maximizes comfort and protection from the elements with a full ProShield Cab system, heating & air conditioning (HVAC) and a 7” touch screen powered by RIDE COMMAND.
Big game hunters routinely carry heavy loads of gear and game across demanding terrain and steep environments, while waterfowl hunters are hauling decoys to the duck holes well before first light in the water and mud. These vehicles are purpose-built to deliver more capability and strength to take on these demanding conditions.
2022 RANGER XP 1000 Big Game Edition – Starting at $21,999 U.S. MSRP
2022 RANGER CREW XP 1000 Big Game Edition – Starting at $23,599 U.S. MSRP
2022 RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Big Game Edition – Starting at $34,999 U.S. MSRP
2022 RANGER XP 1000 Waterfowl Edition – Starting at $21,999 U.S. MSRP
2022 RANGER CREW XP 1000 Waterfowl Edition – Starting at $23,599 U.S. MSRP
Available in 3-seat and CREW models, the RANGER XP 1000 Big Game Edition and RANGER XP 1000 Waterfowl Edition are packed with premium features to elevate the hunt, from exclusive camo patterns to high-output LED headlights. Available exclusively as a CREW model, the RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Big Game Edition gives big game hunters the ultimate comfort so they can hunt harder. For a more customized experience, Polaris offers the largest assortment of hunt-inspired accessories, including big game and waterfowl accessory collections curated by renowned hunters Lee and Tiffany Lakosky and Tony Vandemore. Additionally, hunters can add storage to pack hunting essentials in and haul game out with Rhino-Rack® premium roof racks, bed racks, and attachments.
When it comes to filling the tag of a lifetime, the right gear matters. The Big Game Edition is designed to navigate extreme terrain where the biggest trophies live.
“Trophies don’t live on the fringe; they are off the grid in places so rugged they’re nearly inaccessible,” said Lee Lakosky, renowned big game hunter and host of the hunting show The Crush. “Bottom line is you have to get where they live. And the Big Game Edition is made to do just that.”
It’s equipped with key upgrades that provide an edge when hauling gear into the backcountry and game back to basecamp.
- More Clearance and Traction – High-clearance arched A-arms and 8-ply 29-inch Pro Armor X-Terrain tires provide more ground clearance, traction and cornering stability for navigating over rocks, through ruts and around switchbacks.
- Self-Leveling Rear Suspension – For added capability to clear obstacles when hauling gear and game, the vehicle’s rear suspension automatically adjusts to maintain ride height and make the most of the class-leading 14 inches of ground clearance.
- Active Descent Control (ADC) – When operating on hilly or mountainous terrain, active descent control (ADC) works with the engine braking system (EBS) to engage all four wheels for maximum traction and control on descents.
- Exclusive Polaris Pursuit Camo – Remain hard to see but impossible to ignore in the Big Game Edition with exclusive Polaris Pursuit camo covering the machine from tip-to-tail, featuring a unique mix of birch, oak and pine elements.
- Striking LED Headlights – With 90-percent more output than halogens, LED headlights provide better visibility in low-light conditions for those early morning starts and evening treks back to basecamp.
- All-New Seats – Redesigned seats offer added comfort thanks to upgraded cushioning and more premium material, while enhanced bolstering keeps riders more securely seated when traveling over rough terrain.
- More Protection and Utility – A heavy-duty front bumper provides additional front-end protection. A high mount factory-installed Polaris HD 4,500 lb. winch with synthetic rope provides easier access when recovering game or removing obstacles in tall grass, scrub or snow.
- Big Game Accessory Collection – Featuring hunt-specific storage and added lighting solutions, the Big Game Collection is curated by renowned big game hunters Lee and Tiffany Lakosky to further equip the RANGER to get hunters and their gear into the backcountry.
The new RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Big Game Edition shares the same purpose-built features of the Big Game Edition, but adds premium comfort features so hunters are always prepared for the inclement and unpredictable weather conditions in the mountains.
- 7-Inch Display Powered by RIDE COMMAND – Confidently navigate to remote hunting locations and drop waypoints on key hunting spots with GPS navigation, even without cellular service.
- Heating & Air Conditioning HVAC System – Stay warm on cold pursuits and cool during off-season work with a climate-controlled cab.
- Premium RANGER Pro Shield Cab System – Get complete protection from the elements, no matter how remote the terrain or inclement the weather.
The Waterfowl Edition is engineered for those looking to travel to where the ducks and geese are. It’s factory-equipped to transport hunters and their gear to the blind with ease.
“We’re going over logs and ruts, through water, mud, and long passes in the timber,” said Tony Vandemore, Owner of Habitat Flats and renowned waterfowl hunter. “Getting to those places quickly and with everything I need – no other machine can do it like this RANGER.”
Polaris started with its flagship RANGER XP 1000 and added key features to meet the unique needs of waterfowl hunters.
- 29-Inch Pro Armor Mud XC Tires – For powering through wet and muddy conditions, the 29-inch Pro Armor Mud XC tires provide maximum clearance and traction yet maintain a smooth ride on trails.
- More Ground Clearance – High-clearance arched A-arms maximize the 14 inches of ground clearance to confidently pass over logs, rocks and submerged objects that are both wide and tall.
- Engineered to Navigate Water – High-mount air intakes and clutch ducting allow clean, cool air to enter the engine when traversing water, while winch and electrical components are sealed to prevent water intrusion.
- Exclusive Waterfowl Hunt Camo – The Waterfowl Edition features an exclusive camo pattern that is designed to mimic marsh grasses for maximum concealment.
- Striking LED Headlights – Get to the blind, set up decoys and be in position before first light with high-output LED headlights illuminating the way.
- All-New Seats – Redesigned seats offer more comfort thanks to upgraded cushioning and more premium material, while enhanced bolstering keeps riders more securely seated when traveling over rough terrain.
- More Protection and Utility – A heavy-duty front bumper provides more front-end protection. A high mount factory-installed Polaris HD 4,500 lb. winch with synthetic rope provides easier access and operation in mud or water.
- Waterfowl Accessory Collection – Curated by renowned waterfowl hunter Tony Vandemore, the Waterfowl Collection is the perfect solution for hunters needing more lighting and additional storage capacity for guns, decoys and other gear.
To learn more about the RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Big Game Edition, RANGER XP 1000 Big Game Edition, RANGER XP 1000 Waterfowl Edition, other 2022 RANGER models or the RANGER Accessory Collections, visit Polaris.com/RANGER or contact a local Polaris dealer.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com.